I am standing on my cold slate 4×4 space in my laundry room, folding Husband’s shorts out of the dryer. In the background I hear the television he is watching with our toddler, who has gotten her second wind for the night, playing in the background. It is a news special about Mark Zuckerberg. Maybe his name is not as well know as his creation. A few have heard of it…
Immediately, I recognize these thoughts as falsehoods from the enemy of my soul. As swiftly as the flood of negative badgering flows, the Spirit of the Lord that leads me into all the truth, lifts up a standard against him. My mind is quickly brought to meditate on the vastness of God, and how microscopic I was at conception.
Yet, He knew me.
In secret, He intricately and curiously knitted me while in the dark of my mothers womb.
He formed me.
I reflect on the poor widow who gave her last 2 small copper coins worth only a few cents.
I ponder about the innumerable number of hairs on my head.
He counts them.
The truth blows in like a breath of fresh air.
Size does NOT equal SIGNIFICANCE.
1. the quality of being worthy of attention; importance
2. the meaning to be found
The size of my bank account, the size of my house, the size of my body does not determine my worth, my importance, my meaning. My Creator, my Designer, my life’s Author, my Heavenly Father, my Lord, my Savior does, and He decided I was worth dying for. As for the measure of success to the world, they may not make a measuring tool small enough, but it’s God’s measuring tool I am concerned with. What does it profit a man to gain the whole world, yet lose His soul? My life is surrendered to Him, and He says if I lose it, I will find it. In Him is where I want my life to be found. To Him, I am significant. To Him, YOU are significant.
Let my prayer be “that I mean every act for His glory…
Let me believe that God is in all of my small simple deeds
and learn to find Him there.”
Let every detail in your lives…
words, actions, whatever…
be done in the name of the Master, Jesus,
THANKING God the Father every step of the way.
I am still counting… I am THANKFUL for…
111. truth that frees
112. eldest daughter and teenage girlfriend, comfortably chatting and giggling on my bed
113. toddler baby girl playing peek-a-boo with herself in the oven glass giggling contagiously
114. Little Tikes reminding me to ENJOY every moment… my tikes won’t be little for very long
116. toddler baby girl following big sis around calling her mama
117. big sis being patient with all of her inquisitiveness
119. the diligence of my determined one
120. sitting with my only boy in his tree house
123. in His presence, finding there really is FULLNESS OF JOY
Other lists counting…