Today will mark day 8 of reading the Bible through in 90 days. This last week has taken me on a journey from the beginning of time, to the building of the tabernacle. I read through Genesis and Exodus. You can print the reading schedule I am following, here. You can find and join the Facebook community for the B90Days here.
I have read and listened long to the words and stories God saw fit to record for our knowing. I may not understand all of what I have read. I still have a lot of “wonder-why’s”, and desire to go back and delve deeper in. But, there is one thing I know for certain — since the beginning of time and in every present moment, God desires relationship with me, with us, His people. God created us for Himself, and we were created for Him.
The eyes of both Adam and eve were opened as they took and ate the forbidden fruit. They realized their nakedness and hid when they heard the sound of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day, for the intimate fellowship with God was broken.
Genesis 3:6-7, 8
And the through rest of the Word of God, we find Him desiring to draw to man, so that we may draw near to Him, and receive His blessing and favor.
Noah was a righteous man, blameless in His time, and found favor in the eyes of the Lord and Noah walked with God. Genesis 6:8-9
Abraham received the covenant of promise and blessing that still stands for us today through Jesus. He found favor in His sight, because He believed Him and he was called the friend of God. Genesis 17, Galatians 3:14,Genesis 18, James 2:23
While Joseph was in slavery and in prison, the Lord was with him and so was God’s favor — for the Lord caused everything Joseph did to succeed. Genesis 39:3, 23
Then fast-forward to end of Exodus, and the building of the tabernacle. All of this, the detailed plans of the tabernacle, the rituals and laws — all of it was so He might dwell among the people and be their God. Exodus 29:45-46
Then Moses and God. The Lord used to speak to Moses face to face, just as a man speaks to his friend. From the very first time that I read this verse, many years ago, this has been my desire — that God would speak plain to me, as a friend, face-to-face, that He would know me by name and I would find favor in His sight. Genesis 33:11-12
And Moses prayer, becomes my prayer and may it be yours, too…
Let me know your ways,
that I may know You,
and find favor in your sight.
May Your Presence go with me
as I move forward in Your will,
and walk in Your favor.
Set me apart for Your purpose,
as Your own, and show me your glory,
By day and by night,
lead the way, and I will follow.
Still counting gifts and I am giving thanks for…
485. the technology that allows me to have the Bible and its many versions at the tip of my fingers on YouVersion.
486. the same app that has the Bible on audio for free on those days that I have fallen behind.
487. looking back over the week and finding it blessed.
488. Avodah coffee sample pack arriving.
489. Morning Brew… Yum!
490. friends that linger and laugh long.
491. honest friends.
492. a Memorial Day feast.
493. warm snuggles in the morning.
494. joy-filled mornings.
495. an affectionate toddler who gives free hugs.
496. a tender-hearted son who one day struggles to find words. He melts my heart when he says, “I love you. I can’t say how much. It would take me a million years to tell you how much I love you.”
497. God speaking to my heart and pre-teen beauty confirming His direction.
499. for eldest beauty who really wanted to use the car, so I the house was clean when I returned home.
500. used books to sell.
501. used books to buy.
502. an unexpected thank you note from a friend saying much more than I deserve — to God be the glory
503. an unexpected gift in the mail from the same friend.
504. laughing long with Husband.
505. squeals of joy over princess shoes.
506. meeting an old friend and connecting over the topic of homeschooling.
507. the community that I can be accountable to while I read the Bible through these 90 days.
508. the Word of God and grace to meat this incredible challenge.
509. God speaking.
I want to let you know that you may find fewer posts from me this month as we delve into summer, spend time creating memories, and creating masterpieces, soaking up the sun, and hopefully re-decorating a bunch. I will still be connected, though, and you can find me on Facebook and Twitter. I love to find YOU there :)